The Early Learning Program
The Early Learning program has been specifically designed to cater for children from 15 months to 3 years of age for parents who are working, studying or requiring respite. It is a specialist program offering high quality Early Learning experiences and is a small, warm, comforting world designed to offer the very best for our community.
Our Early Childhood professionals are trained to respond to the diverse needs of our youngest students and to guide and support their individual learning profile. Our goal is to empower parents to feel confident in sharing their journey as a parent and their child’s learning.
In Dr Maria Montessori’s own words, “Our work as adults does not consist in teaching, but in helping the infant mind in its work of development”. She believed that the first three years of life form the foundation for the rest of our lives.
Note: Enrolment in to our Early Learning Program does not guarantee a placement in our Cycle 1 program, however preference is given to our Early Learning children.
The objectives of the Early Learning Program are to:
- Foster independence and self-direction in thinking and activities.
- Facilitate social adjustment with peers.
- Encourage self-expression and creativity.
- Develop concentration through purposeful activity.
- Provide an environment which will enrich and broaden the child’s experience, and encourage him/her to explore and learn.
Who is Early Learning for?
- Infant Toddler Community is for children aged approximately 15 months to 3 years of age
- Our Early Learning Program is for children from 15 months to 5 years of age, requiring care from 7.00am to 6.30pm.
Early Learning – A Brief Overview
Early Learning at PVIMS operates Monday to Friday from 7.00am til 6.30pm for a minimum of 48 weeks per calendar year. Early Learning remains open during the term holiday periods and on School Curriculum Days. (There is a short period of closure over the Christmas break.)
Early Learning provides all daily need provisions including but not limited to nappies, nappy wipes, fruit and milk.
Early Learning families can claim CCB (Child Care Benefit) and CCR (Child Care Rebate) on fees.
If you are interested in our Early Learning program for your child, please contact:
(03) 9438 3202