As students make transition from Cycle 1 to Cycle 2 we recognise the developmental differences. Students continue to learn through the principles laid down in Cycle 1 being that:
- There is a range of ages in the class.
- There is a shift from working with concrete materials to starting to work with abstract ideas.
- These ideas empower children to be actively engaged in their learning by being independent and exercising choice.
- The Cycle 2 child begins to engage with reason and limitless imagination.
- The teacher is always there to guide and nurture.
- Montessori developed Cosmic Education for the Primary 6 to 12 years of age.
The Cosmic Education curriculum begins with great lessons (the whole view of a concept) that gives students a broad vision for their expanding intellect.